Thursday, February 18, 2016

Suck It Up! | Music Camp Game

 

I've been redesigning many of the resources on my elementary music education site, MakingMusicFun.net. It's been eight years since I launched the site, and I've learned a few things since then. Above is the new art work for Suck It! Up - a music review game (with straws).

I saw a TV show where kids were racing a cross the room with straws, creating enough suction to hold little pieces of paper. I don't remember what they were doing, but it sounded like it might be an idea for a game for my music classroom. The game I created has kids racing from one side of the room to the other carrying short answers to review questions. Lesson review questions could be things like:

Q: Where was Beethoven born?
A: Germany

or

Q: How many beats does a quarter note get?
A: 1

Here's the link if you'd like to play the game with your music classroom, piano lab or music camp kids:

Suck It Up! | Game Board, Answer Squares and Instructions 




No comments:

Post a Comment