Monday, June 23, 2014

Vacation Bible School Illustrations

My church (Calvary Community Church in Phoenix, AZ) likes to go big when planning for their week long vacation Bible school. I've helped for two years now, creating signs and illustrations for the walls of the children's building. Below are a few of my contributions.

I created a time machine to transport the kids back 4000 years to the time of Joseph. 


I created several large illustrations of Joseph in different situations. This illustration of Joseph at Potiphar's House is about 5ft tall, and was created with a chisel point black marker and Prismacolor Art Stix.



Cat, cats, cats. Cats were everywhere. I got a little obsessed, and created more than twenty cats to dress up our "trip" to Bible times Egypt.




 Joseph, unfortunately, spent some time locked in the palace prison. We decided it would be fun to include the Pirates of the Caribbean dog holding the keys to his prison cell.




No comments:

Post a Comment